Saturday, December 4, 2010

Jock Strap....


Alone these two words are innocuous enough but put them together and for a single mom putting them together is utterly terrifying...
The monster is in Karate and needed sparring gear witch includes a jock strap and cup. So off we went to this random store in Baltimore one of the other mom's told me about. So we walk into this hole in the wall store with an older Asian woman helping and adult couple as I am asking So armed with my list we start poking around and find a bin of 1/2 price items, score. Most of what he needed was in there. Once the lady is free she helps us get the rest of what he needs. She asks what size jock strap he would need, I tell her I don't know, he's a size 12 regularly, does that help? She walks to the back and comes back with what she assures me will fit him. So off we go with all our new loot.
Now he's got the jock strap/cup combo so I call my dad to ask him about this thing bc I am not sure how he is supposed to wear it: over or under his undies? My father, being the lovely person he is says: you never helped a boyfriend in high school with his? OMG dad, thanks! And no I did not. In the mean time the monster is next to me laughing about his "weenie protector" which my dad hears and starts laughing to.
In the end my father is laughing to hard as is the monster next to me so I take the monster to my parents for my dad to go over the whole jock strap thing bc I have no idea and had given up with all the giggling between my dad and the monster.

2 comments:

  1. I'm giggling myself over here at the image! Glad you survived!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah that totally has to be one of the worst single mom moments. I consider myself to be pretty gender savvy and I have NO idea how a jock strap works... though in movies they only wear jock straps no undies.
    Your father is hilarious.

    ReplyDelete