Monday, December 20, 2010

Paranoid mom moment...

Yesterday on a whim the monster asks to go ice skating and we went. He skated, I watched this time (I need new skates). He comes in after maybe 5 minutes because he fell down and hit his head. His cheek was a little red and I could see a bump but otherwise I thought he was ok. So back out he went for the rest of the 2 hour session.

Now to the paranoia of last night: As I was getting into bed I all of a sudden started to worry that maybe he was concussed and I didn't realize it so I climbed into bed with him. Mind you the child sleeps in a twin bunk bed so I couldn't sit up strait to get comfortable and then both 20 lb cats climbed into bed too!! It was a bit cramped so finally at 4:20 AM the monster asks if he could have his bed back bc he was worried he was going to fall.

At this point I am uncomfortable and have decided he is not concussed so I go to my own bed. Then this morning he asks why I slept in his bed last night. Ahh ... do I tell him I am nuts and possibly freak him out or ignore the question, guess which one I chose, just ignore the question.

His face is starting to bruise and he is saying he hurt himself during hockey practice while in reality he was trying to skate backwards...I will let him have this one bc in his mind I guess backwards skating is hockey practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment