Sunday, October 2, 2011

Arguing and the age of technolgy

Last Thursday the monster was out of school and stayed home. In the course of 2 hours we had an argument that went from phone conversation, FB chat, email, and finally texts???? Really that was just insane! It was all over homework that he failed to tell me about when I asked him the night before.

I also learned through our lovely argument that I need to teach the child some basic computer skills because trying to walk him through how to open an attachment and how to compose and email was amusing.
What he needs to learn:
How to open an attachment and who he is allowed to open attachments from.
How to compose an email and where the "compose email" button is.
How to save a document and where to save it.

I know he is taking a class in school that is supposed to teach him how to type but I am not sure how much else he is going to learn? At back to school night the teacher didn't really go over that and there was NO time for questions.

All and all a fun Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment